Need a book for your summer reading assignment for literature? Try searching the catalog at CobbCat.org to see what is available from your local public library. If you plan to checkout a book you may want to place a hold through the catalog, so that the book will be available when you go to the library. Many of the books are available in digital forms as well as print, so you may skip making the trip to the library and read or listen to a book on your own device. If you need assistance using digital resources or placing a hold, contact the CCPL customer service team. They are available to answer questions Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm. You may call them at (770) 528-2326 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample the following digital excerpts from books on the summer reading list to help decide which option may be best for you; full versions are available using your CCPL card number.
- Monster, by Walter Dean (9th grade) – OverDrive audiobook excerpt
- Into the Wild, by John Krakauer (10th grade) – OverDrive ebook excerpt
- The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck (11th grade) – OneClickDigital audiobook excerpt
- The Invisible Man, by Ralph Ellison (12th grade) – OverDrive audiobook excerpt
- Three Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin (12th grade) – ebook preview from outside source